Below is some WR material on terminology that I would like to put forth as draft terminology guidelines for consideration by the group.
- use inclusive language in documentation to support a diverse audience and to avoid distracting terminology.
- when a biased term in project is encountered, notify the TSC for remediation
- if there is risk that the replacement term is unclear to the audience, you can mention the industry-standard term verbally (for now), but not in writing. E.g.: “Open box testing (also known white-box testing) is a method of software testing that tests internal structures or workings of an application, as opposed to its functionality.”
- do not use the below biased terms in your documentation; use the provided replacement terms.
closed box testing
slow, break, limit, or alter the functionality
labor hours or work hours
labor or workforce
master (outside of the master/slave context)
For high availability: active/standby
For clocks: primary/secondary
For virtualization: host/guest
For services: server/client
For notifications: publisher (or provider) / subscriber
For other scenarios: initiator/responder
open box testing
Notes and link to the recording for the June OpenAMP TSC call are available at:
Please download the recording in the next few weeks, if you need to get caught up. Not sure how long before Webex auto-deletes.
* Jeff to send Nathalie the Siemens logo [DONE]
* Nathalie: Check w/ Stefano if anything related to DT could make sense to present for LVC21F
* Tomas, Nathalie: organize a kick-off meeting for end-to-end example project
* Tomas: Call for interest to see if can harmonize virtio (both leadership, resources).
* Loic & Stefano to discuss virtio & Stratos alignment further.
* Nathalie: Schedule next OpenAMP TSC for end of July
Thanks & regards,
Here are the agenda items that I have so far (left over from the May agenda):
* Tomas, Kumar: Heterogeneous end-to-end example
* Nathalie: LVC21F CFP - Does OpenAMP Project have topics to submit?
* Maarten, Jeff, Tomas: Inclusive terms
* Tomas: OpenAMP resourcing needs for various upcoming initiatives
Please let me know if you have additional agenda items.
Thanks & regards,
From: Nathalie Chan King Choy
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 9:55 AM
To: Nathalie Chan King Choy; tsc(a)lists.openampproject.org
Cc: Felix Burton; nathalie-ckc(a)kestrel-omnitech.com; Bruce Ashfield; Glaropoulos, Ioannis; Tomas Evensen
Subject: OpenAMP TSC - June
When: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 10:00 AM-11:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
The notes from the previous call (May 26) can be found at https://github.com/OpenAMP/open-amp/wiki/TSC-Meeting-Notes-2021#20210526
Action items from May 26 call:
* Stefano & Nathalie: set up next System DT call (aim for mid-June) [DONE]
* Stefano: Send out slide from today [DONE]
* Maarten: Send out slide from today
* Maarten: Schedule meeting on the Zephyr work
* Tomas, Bill: discuss resource plan in another meeting soon w/ Kumar (this week) [DONE]
* Nathalie: Set up follow-up TSC call in a couple weeks [DONE]
For info about the list, link to the archives, to unsubscribe yourself, or for someone to subscribe themselves, visit:
Nathalie C. Chan King Choy
Program Manager focused on Open Source and Community
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
10:00 AM | (UTC-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) | 1 hr
More ways to join:
Join from the meeting link
Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 145 109 5706
Meeting password: QCmwsq3d@77
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
1-844-621-3956 United States Toll Free
Global call-in numbers<https://xilinx.webex.com/xilinx/globalcallin.php?MTID=m4c9051a79e171862d34c…> | Toll-free calling restrictions<https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>
Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com