Below is some WR material on terminology that I would like to put forth as draft terminology guidelines for consideration by the group.
- use inclusive language in documentation to support a diverse audience and to avoid distracting terminology.
- when a biased term in project is encountered, notify the TSC for remediation
- if there is risk that the replacement term is unclear to the audience, you can mention the industry-standard term verbally (for now), but not in writing. E.g.: “Open box testing (also known white-box testing) is a method of software testing that tests internal structures or workings of an application, as opposed to its functionality.”
- do not use the below biased terms in your documentation; use the provided replacement terms.
closed box testing
slow, break, limit, or alter the functionality
labor hours or work hours
labor or workforce
master (outside of the master/slave context)
For high availability: active/standby
For clocks: primary/secondary
For virtualization: host/guest
For services: server/client
For notifications: publisher (or provider) / subscriber
For other scenarios: initiator/responder
open box testing
The notes and link to the recording from Wednesday's call can be found at https://github.com/OpenAMP/open-amp/wiki/TSC-Meeting-Notes-2021#20210721
I have attached a snapshot of the strawman proposal that Tomas presented during the call.
* @Tomas Evensen<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> to reach out on the TSC mailing list for who else is interested in going deeper into end-to-end example
* @Nathalie Chan King Choy<mailto:email@example.com>: Send a doodle poll for end-to-end example call in 2-3 weeks to Tomas, Tanmay, Bill M, Kumar, Dan Milea, Arnaud, Jeff
* Define the use cases for replacing master/slave terms and post to TSC list for further discussion
o @Koning, Maarten<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>: app-services
o @Bill Mills<mailto:email@example.com>: Lower-level
* @Nathalie Chan King Choy<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>: Send Doodle poll for early September TSC call
* @Nathalie Chan King Choy<mailto:email@example.com>: Include outstanding governance items on next TSC agenda
Thanks & have a great weekend,
Here are the agenda items that I have so far:
* Tomas: Heterogeneous end-to-end example (continued)
* Maarten, Jeff, Tomas: Inclusive terms (continued)
* What's our process to make changes to sensitive terms after deciding?
* Tomas: OpenAMP resourcing needs for various upcoming initiatives
* Nathalie: Summary of website updates.
* Nathalie: When to have next call?
Please let me know if you have additional agenda items.
Thanks & regards,
From: Nathalie Chan King Choy
Sent: Friday, July 2, 2021 2:46 PM
To: Nathalie Chan King Choy; tsc(a)lists.openampproject.org
Cc: Grant Likely; Felix Burton; Tanmay Shah; Bruce Ashfield; Glaropoulos, Ioannis; Arnaud POULIQUEN; Koning, Maarten; Raghuraman, Arvind; Tomas Evensen
Subject: OpenAMP TSC - July
When: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 9:00 AM-10:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
The notes from the previous call can be found at https://github.com/OpenAMP/open-amp/wiki/TSC-Meeting-Notes-2021#20210615
Action items from previous call:
* Jeff to send Nathalie the Siemens logo [DONE]
* Nathalie: Check w/ Stefano if anything related to DT could make sense to present [DONE]
* Tomas, Nathalie: organize a kick-off meeting for end-to-end example project
* Tomas: Call for interest to see if can harmonize virtio (both leadership, resources).
* Loic & Stefano to discuss virtio & Stratos alignment further.
* Nathalie: Schedule next OpenAMP TSC for end of July [DONE]
For info about the list, link to the archives, to unsubscribe yourself, or for someone to subscribe themselves, visit:
Nathalie C. Chan King Choy
Program Manager focused on Open Source and Community
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
9:00 AM | (UTC-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) | 1 hr
More ways to join:
Join from the meeting link
Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 145 261 2375
Meeting password: QMu2V3qUE$2
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
1-844-621-3956 United States Toll Free
Global call-in numbers<https://xilinx.webex.com/xilinx/globalcallin.php?MTID=m36ec83ced825b74c9ab6…> | Toll-free calling restrictions<https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>
Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com