RPMsg in U-Boot is under development. First proof of concept patch v1 was sent to upstream mailing list as RFC patch here: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=365
Here is the video of demo of RPMsg framework introduced in above patch series:
This document explains patch series and motivation to introduce RPMsg in U-Boot and future work that needs to be done: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bjtzj58klMPVuWEtRK89oyem7_Hdajn8/view?usp=…
This patch series is very basic implementation of virtio based RPMsg framework referenced from the Linux kernel. For now, U-Boot is communicating with remote processor over fix hard-coded endpoint. More advance features such as name-service, multiple endpoint support etc.. will be added in coming revisions of this patch series. Meanwhile, please feel free to review existing work and provide review comments and any other suggestions.
Notes from today are posted at https://github.com/OpenAMP/openamp-system-reference/wiki/OpenAMP-System-Ref…
* Tanmay will add info on limitations & create public link to his document and share it to openamp-rp mailing list
* Andrew will add a note related to today's discussion & close TI intern's PR15
* Arnaud will try prototyping system reference example on his GitHub integrating all the work done by ST intern, with goal to put it in branches in OpenAMP GitHub
Please let us know if you spot any errors or important omissions.
Thanks & regards,
Here are the topics I've collected. Please let us know if you have additional topics:
* Integrating board/environment specific code into system reference a generic way
* Q2/Q3 task tracking<o%09https:/docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N5eO0FDX-gqpJtBleh_iGn-k9gr3j-w8…> status
* Individual updates
Pushing the System DT topic out to the next call, as Bruce is OOO and Tomas has a conflict.
Thanks & regards,